Sunday, September 13, 2015

Where is my name come from
            My Chinese name is Xiaofan, and my last name is Yu. My grandfather gave this name to me. Fan means normal in Chinese, and Xiao means a little in Chinese. Therefore Xiaofan together means better than normal and less than perfect. I think he just didn’t want to make me feel stressful, but at the same time he still wanted me to improve myself and be better. Life is so long and people grow up everyday, we have different stages in our lives. Finally people will have the mature attitude to life.
            When I was six, I used to hate this name, because in Chinese the pronunciation sounds like a boy’s name. It just isn’t that typical for a girl. So I always wanted to get rid of it. I remembered when I was in primary school, once the teacher called my name on the class at the first day at school, but nobody answered. I felt ashamed to admit my name and my face turned red. But not anymore. As I have grown up, I felt that I have grown accustomed this name. It is so perfect for me. I can have my own life and I can be myself to make my own decisions. I don’t need to be perfect, but I need to be positive everyday. I have begun to understood that the meaning in a name always more important than the pronunciation. Just like the wise women are always more beautiful than pretty face women. They can be tested by time.

 I love myself and I love the name. I hope I can like the meaning of the name and be brave to face all the challenges in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment